Government Relations and Public Affairs
Dealing with government can be complex and painstaking. We understand the internal workings of public institutions, allowing us to effectively represent and advance our clients’ interests.
- Policy and legislative monitoring
- Message-tailoring to key executive, legislative and regulatory audiences
- Access to key decision-makers
- Awareness campaigns
- Ethics and governance consulting
Our clients have a message; we help them get ink and air time. We have solid and successful experience in communications, journalism, marketing, public policy development and political strategy.
- Traditional and social media campaign planning and management
- Communications tools development (speech writing, press releases, statements, quotes, media lines, “Q&A”)
- Press event planning (scrums, briefings and conferences, demos for specialized media)
- Act as outside media spokesperson and in-house spokesperson training (“hot seat” and “dry run”)
- Media monitoring and feedback
- Counsel on Quebec market entry
A crisis can jeopardize your image, financial health and reputation. Our team specializes in guiding you through the storm.
- Crisis-related communications strategy
- Communications support for complex transactions and high-stakes legal issues
- Image and reputation management
- Risk identification and management
- Organizational continuity planning
- Post-crisis management and performance evaluation
Ally and Coalition Building
Whether mobilizing around legislative and regulatory issues or promoting concepts and causes, we believe that growing strong roots is key to reaching your goals.
- Identifying and recruiting allies
- Building coalition leadership
- Internal and external communication strategy development
- Public opinion & stakeholder awareness campaigns
- Grassroots & “grasstop” development
Prompt, quality messaging can often secure long-term success with shareholders. We know that strong communication with the investment community has never been so important to the success of our clients.
- Manage communication between the client and shareholders (news, legal and regulatory, trading, disclosures)
- Organize shareholder meeting communications and follow-ups
- Inform relevant journalists and financial analysts on news from the company
- Organize press conferences and manage media relations
- Organize private meetings with investors
- Provide briefings in advance of new investor meetings
- Ensure IR websites have impeccable French language press releases, client communications, and investor information packages
- Building investor relation plans
Quebec Market Entry
Doing business in Quebec is not always easy for companies coming from outside the province. The linguistic, cultural, governmental and legal differences along with unique consumer preferences can make Quebec a tough public affairs environment. HATLEY helps its clients bridge this gap and navigate Quebec’s distinctive business environment.
- Strategic business planning
- Brand building
- Network and ally development
- Coaching on all matters related to Quebec’s market
HATLEY is actively involved in its community by supporting the following organizations: